Friday, September 9, 2011

Mommy Made Outfit

Growing up my mom made, my brother and I so many outfits.  My mom even made Mommy and Me dresses for her and myself.   My mother was an amazing seamstress.  Today she rarely sews, but I wish she did, so I could learn more.  The last part of the summer I tried my hand at sewing.
 I really like to sew, even though I am not great at it.  When you start anything new it is a learning process.  The web is a great resource for all kinds of fun and unique sewing tips.  I found this great Tunic Tank tutorial on Tea Rose's blog .  I purchased the tank and fabric from walmart to make the top for my daughter.  I used an old pair of jeans that were to short. I increase the length of the jeans by adding ruffles at the bottom. Below is my finished project.

 I really liked how it turn out. Of course my daughter could not wait to were this outfit to school.




No comments: